Application Approval and Service Activation
- Subscriber affirms that the information provided in the Application Form and the supporting documents submitted in connection therewith are true and correct.
- Subscriber hereby authorizes the Service Provider to verify such information from whatever source, and authorizes the holder, controller and processor of such information, as the same is defined in Republic Act No. 10173 (otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012”), including any amendment or modification of the same, to confirm, release, share and verify the existence,
truthfulness, and/or accuracy of such information. Any incorrect information provided by Subscriber shall result in the delay or denial of the application, delay in the installation and provisioning of the Service or, if already approved, in the suspension or termination of the Service, without prejudice to any other action which Service Provider may pursue in accordance with law and equity.
- Approval of the Service application shall be at the sole discretion of the Service Provider. Service Provider may even require submission of additional requirements to facilitate the processing of the application. In the event that the Service application is disapproved or denied, Service Provider shall have no obligation to divulge to applicant the reason for such disapproval or denial.
- The Service shall be activated only after approval by Service Provider of Subscriber’s application and compliance by the Subscriber with all the requirements for Service activation.
Device and Equipment
The necessary device, equipment, peripherals and accessories (“Device”) that may be required to access and avail of the Services may be a Bundled Device, Purchased Device, Telco Owned Equipment (“Customer Premises Equipment” or “CPE”) or obtained by Subscriber from other sources.
Subscriber shall be solely responsible for the Bundled or Purchased Device upon its delivery to him/her. Subscriber shall keep the Bundled or Purchased Device in good condition, wear and tear exempted.
In case of damage to or loss of the Bundled Device or Equipment, Subscriber shall be fully responsible for any loss or damage to the device or equipment whether the same be caused by fire, theft, vandalism, accident, fault or negligence by Subscriber, a third person or as a result of force majeure. Subscriber agrees to shoulder the cost of repair or replacement of the Device or Equipment.
For the device, equipment, peripherals and accessories & CPE, Subscriber agrees that ownership over the same shall remain with Service Provider and that activation occurs upon completion of CPE installation and testing. Subject to Service Provider’s obligations and warranties, Subscriber agrees to be responsible for the CPE from the time Subscriber accepted delivery thereof. Such responsibility shall include, but shall not be limited to, the following:
(a) To pay for all applicable charges and fees as stated in Subscriber’s application;
(b) To keep the CPE used for the Service in good condition (fair wear and tear only excepted) and be fully responsible for any loss
or damage to the CPE whether the same be caused by fire, theft, vandalism, accident, fault or negligence by Subscriber, a third person or as a result of force majeure. Subscriber agrees to shoulder the cost of repair or replacement of the CPE;
(c) To promptly report to Service Provider’s Customer Service Hotline (+632 ) or Subscriber’s account manager any problem with or damage to the CPE and/or any act of third persons which may or which Subscriber has reason to believe will cause damage to the CPE or the delivery of the Service;
Subscriber will only be restricted to do minor changes such as changing of access ports for end devices, firewall policies, and SSID and passwords on the device and equipment. Major changes such as but not limited to firmware updates, replacement of components, and enabling/disabling of features shall be done with the prior written consent and assistance of Service Provider.
Termination and Suspension of the Service
Cancellation or Termination of the Service
1. Subscriber may cancel the Service at any time by:
(a) giving Service Provider thirty (30) days prior written notice, out of convenience, or
(b) giving Service Provider notice in the form of a letter or a call to Service Provider’s Customer Service Hotline in the following instances:
(i) Service Provider breaches a material term of this Agreement and such breach cannot be remedied, except if the breach was a result of circumstances reasonably attributable to Subscriber; or
(ii) Service Provider breaches a material term of this Agreement and such breach may be remedied but Service Provider unreasonably refuses or fails to remedy the breach within thirty (30) days after receipt of Subscriber’s notice requiring Service Provider to remedy the breach; or (iii) occurrence of force majeure.
2. Upon cancellation or termination of the Service, Subscriber shall no longer be able to use the Service after termination date.
Once the Service is terminated, Service Provider reserves the right to prevent Subscriber from further using its network. Further, Subscriber shall be liable to immediately pay any charges incurred (including the pre-termination fee and outstanding balance, charges and penalty fees, if any) until termination date. The pre-termination fee is computed as monthly fee times the remaining months in the contract, plus an administration fee of P750 (monthly or annual fee X remaining months or years in contract)+ P750. Subscriber shall also immediately pay for charges that Service Provider discovers after such termination.
Suspension of the Service
- Service Provider may suspend the Service at any time, if: (a) doing so is necessary to allow Service Provider or its supplier to repair, maintain or service any part of Service Provider’s network or supplier’s network used to supply the Service, (b) problems are experienced interconnecting to Service Provider’s network with any supplier’s network, or (c) Service Provider is otherwiseentitled to do so under this Agreement.
- Default. Subscriber agrees that in the event of failure to pay the Monthly Service Fee and other charges by the Due Date, subscription account shall no longer be deemed current and at the option of UAS the Service may be suspended, or discontinued without the need for judicial declaration, and the provisions on termination shall apply.
- Disconnection. Subscriber agrees that UAS may without prior notice; disconnect the Service of any Subscriber whose bill remains unpaid after the specified Due Date. Subscriber also agrees that UAS may temporarily suspend the Service in any of the following instances:
a. Violation by Subscriber of the terms and conditions of this Agreement;
b. Misrepresentation or false statements by Subscriber in the application for Service;
c. Illegal connection or use of unauthorized equipment or accessories;
d. Suspicious fraudulent misuse or abuse of Service, cable modem and/or Peripherals;
e. Unauthorized transfer of Service.
f. Other analogous cause
- In case of suspension of the Service, redirection, or temporary disconnection, Service Provider shall have no obligation to reconnect the Service unless Subscriber has cured the cause for such suspension, redirection or temporary disconnection to Service Provider’s satisfaction. Reconnection/reactivation shall be at Service Provider’s sole discretion and subject to the payment by Subscriber of reconnection/reactivation fees of P750 .
- Upon reconnection/reactivation of Service, Subscriber shall be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Last Updated: April 28, 2021