Workforce Analysts interpret, analyze, rate, and make recommendations to improve the workforce in order to reduce overheads and increase customer satisfaction and experience. They are responsible for preparing and managing staffing and scheduling to ensure that a sufficient amount of staff is available to perform all required tasks. They also assess staffing levels daily, and monitor attendance and schedule adherence.
The workforce analyst role also involves producing daily reports of staff members’ attendance and performance for the human resources department, which is being used to determine whether employees are effectively utilized, or to develop strategies to recruit qualified staff.
It also includes generating regular and ad-hoc reports on a variety of of KPI’s and Customer Service metrics, including daily agent statistics and skill group/call type statistics; analyzing data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities, and uncovering levers impacting these issues, and developing recommendations for improvement.
- Serve as the primary point of contact on workforce management policies
- Serve as a subject-matter expert on workforce optimization issues
- Ensure service level targets are met; maintain the right headcount, and calculate call capacity
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of scheduling data/platform
- Responsible for reporting data management activities around employee scheduling and forecasts
- Improve processes and increase the efficiency of operations by recommending necessary changes
- Undertake the majority of call forecasting and agent scheduling for the contact center
- Ensure employees’ time is accurately recorded by reviewing every time entries or other applicable software
- Resolve errors such as missed time-ins, meal break adjustments, and correct project code, etc. affecting employees
- Undertake the review and record of time worked against the proper job task code when an employee works overtime.
- Adjust total hours worked and any time off (leave) an employee has recorded in monitoring file or applicable software
- Education: Applicants for the workforce analyst position require a Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Business Studies, Business Administration, or Human Resources, or equivalent, combined with 1-3 years of call center experience.
- Knowledge: To perform successfully on the Job, they must possess knowledge or relevant experience in forecasting, planning, and scheduling calls or contacts or work volumes and staff or vendors, ensuring optimal performance. They also require the ability to summarize, visualize, and present data. It is also vital that they possess knowledge of key call center metrics, including expected occupancy, utilization, service levels, handle time, and abandonment rate. They must also possess benchmarking and trending experience.
- Computer skills: They must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and Office, in order to store data, create reports, produce schedules and perform other tasks. They must also have a working knowledge of any workforce management software to manage schedules, workflow, and statistical data.
- Analytical skills: They must possess analytical skills essentially for reviewing information, analyzing data, and making appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Communication skills: They must possess strong communication skills to ensure that employees are kept informed of developments effectively, and to ensure that all appropriate staff are aware of issues.
- Organizational skills: Their job description requires them to establish an efficient workplace environment, therefore, it is important that they are able to manage a range of tasks and prioritize their responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Self-starter/Teamwork abilities: Workforce analyst must be able to work independently as well as function effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle pressure: They require the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced situation and to handle stress, as well as to adapt to rapid changes in the information, process, direction, or immediate workflow.