A Technical Writer shall create and maintain technical documentation for the new applications. Assist project teams in the creation and maintenance of required project documents. (ie. User’s manual, business requirements document, asset management, design documents, system technical documents, etc.).
- Conducts extensive research for project required documents and ensure the company creates documents that are up to date and follows standards.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit documents listed (but not limited to this list):
- Functional System Design
- Technical System Design
- User’s Manual
- Operational Procedures and manuals
- Other required project documents
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Responsible for backup and archiving of important documents
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content
- Manage updates and revisions of technical documents
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering (Computer), or related courses.
- At least 2 years of experience in Technical Writing role, particularly in a BPO/IT industry.
- Exposure and familiar with systems development life cycle (SDLC) and terminologies.
- Required skills: Technical Writing, Communication Skills, writing company manual and procedures, functional software design, technical software design, document code.
- Fast learner, highly technical and analytical, creative and keen to details
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills, verbal and written.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Thinks creatively and propose options/solutions to challenges
- Advanced time management and analytical skills