The Team Leader supports the company’s customer service activities by directing and overseeing team members, resolving customer questions or complaints, and developing programs and procedures to enhance productivity and performance. The Team Leader collaborates with other teams and helps the company by deliver outstanding customer support and develop customer relationships. Because this role balances direct customer support with team coordination and oversight, the Team Leader frequently serve as liaisons between the company and its customers, working with sales and other teams to drive repeat customers and help the company meet profitability goals.
- Coordinate Customer Care Team – Manage a team of customer care personnel coordinating their team throughout their shift. Manages employee schedules and ensures that the department is adequately staffed during peak times. Additionally, a customer care team lead also answers team members’ questions and provides advice.
- Provide Direct Customer Support – Responds directly to customers who need assistance. They may answer phone calls or emails from customers to provide quick resolution of issues and questions or may provide assistance to a team member. Customer care team leads provide more direct customer support during the department’s busiest times, but also assist customers throughout their shift.
- Review and Resolve Escalations – Manage customer escalations through customer service skills and diplomacy and ensure that the customer is satisfied.
- Evaluate Team Members – Conduct periodic reviews and evaluations of team members. Team leads monitor employee performance and note areas for improvement and discusses directly with the team member about their performance.
- Support Process Improvement – Improve overall department and organization efficiency and performance by identifying opportunities to enhance internal processes. Gather data related to customer contact and interactions and use this data to prepare reports and analyses of which processes are working and which can be improved.
- Train New Hires – Train new hires and work closely with new team members to instruct them on company policies and best practices for resolving customer calls. Additionally, the team leads monitor new team members’ activities and performance during the first few weeks of training and onboarding to determine where further training is needed.
- Preferably Supervisor / 2 year(s) of supervisory experience in a contact centre field or equivalent
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor College Degree, any field
- Good knowledge of relevant computer programs (e.g. CRM software) and telephone systems
- Proven track record of successfully meeting sales quota
- Excellent knowledge of English and clear communication skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Outstanding negotiation skills with the ability to resolve issues and address complaints
- Amenable to work on shifting schedules, during holidays, and extended hours if needed