The Project Manager is in charge of overall coordination of specific project/s assigned. PM is responsible for overseeing the lifecycle of the project from initiation, planning executing, monitoring, and closing. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitor project progress, measure project performance ensuring that it is within scope, timelines, and budget. Prepares status reports presented to upper management and clients. Requires very minimal supervision from Senior, Lead, or PMO, and is expected to consistently perform while working independently and leading project teams.
- Plans, directs, monitors and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives are accomplished within prescribed timeframe and budget parameters.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients and project team.
- Delegate and monitor the completion of each tasks, monitor adherence to defined project management standards, monitor work efforts, assign resources, and report progress to various stakeholders.
- Responsible in handling prioritization, issues analysis and resolution, commitments and deliverables to clients.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Manage relationship with the client, all stakeholders, and third parties/vendors
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- The role also encompasses the following activities:
- Project scoping and planning
- Resource planning and assignment
- Developing Schedules (time estimating)
- Cost Estimating
- Developing a Budget
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentations (ie. Project Charter, Project Plan, Charts, etc.)
- Business Analysis
- Change Management
- Risk Analysis and management
- Monitoring and reporting project progress
- Productivity and quality control
- Leadership Skills: The Project Manager will have to keep project members motivated, resolve conflicts, and make hard decisions for the team giving directions towards project completion.
- Communication Skills: Should be able to do strategic influencing, communicate well despite project issues encountered. Adjusts communication style when dealing with clients, stakeholders, third parties/vendors.
- Time Management: Work closely with clients and project members often spinning multiple plates at once. Is able to manage time from one project to another
- Math and Budgeting: Project managers are expected to keep and maintain a budget. Confident in math skills and make calculations for direct and indirect costs.
- Analytical Skills: Able to solve problems that may come up during a typical work day. PM will be analyzing data and making decisions that affect the project on a regular basis.
- Problem Solving Skills: Demonstrated experience in translating customer business requirements into workable business solutions either as software or as re-engineering initiatives. Can quickly assess customer needs, develops innovative plans to solve complex business workflow.
- Learning and Development: Expand knowledge on business process and IT related information. Stay abreast of current project management process and methodologies, system information, changes and updates relevant to project teams.
- Bachelor’s/College Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related courses.
- At least 3 years of experience in Project Management, particularly implementation of hardware and/or software development projects.
- Skills in developing project plans in MS Project or other PM tools.
- Has developed and implemented projects preferably in IT/BPO industry is a plus
- Lead and direct the work of internal and vendor teams.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a PMO or head of a unit/department. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.