The HELP DESK SUPPORT is responsible for providing fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. He or She will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer resolution. An excellent Help desk technician must have good technical knowledge and be able to communicate effectively to understand the problem and explain its solution. They must also be customer-oriented and patient to deal with difficult customers.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone, chat, or email.
- Resolving problems with networks and other computer systems
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Diagnosing system errors and other issues
- Following up with customers to ensure full resolution of issues
- Requesting feedback and/or monitoring calls and other methods of correspondence to improve training methods
- Running reports to analyze common complaints and problems
- Installing or changing software to fix issues
- Remotely accessing hardware or software for clients to make changes and fix problems
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Monitor and respond quickly to incoming requests relate to IT issues.
- Maintain all IT systems and act as support if any system goes down.
- Assist with onboarding of new users.
- Keep an inventory of all equipment, software, and license users.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or any Equivalent Degree
- Proven experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role
- Strong computer skills and ability to troubleshoot and diagnose IT problems
- Experience with network repairs and analysis
- Customer-oriented, enthusiastic, courteous, assertive, and motivated to take charge of both customer engagement and problem resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal English proficiency based on the required support.
- Has analytical troubleshooting skills
- Basic knowledge in troubleshooting networks, computers, printers, etc.
- Knowledge in Basic Network troubleshooting.
- Experienced in a BPO is a plus.