The Finance and Accounting Director oversees all financial aspects of business and drive the company’s financial strategy and planning. He will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the company as well as possible risks and investments. With broad knowledge about accounting, financial and business principles, his goal is to guide the company towards continuous growth, profitability and long-term success.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics or other relevant field
- CPA or other relevant qualification is a plus
- Knowledgeable about Philippines laws, rules and regulations related to finance and accounting
- Initiates adoption of best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis, reporting on financial performance and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- An analytical mind and a strategic thinker
- Proven ability to get things done even with tight deadlines
- Initiates continuous process improvement for maximum individual and team efficiency
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Develops strategic plans and programs for the Finance and Accounting Departments to contribute towards achieving the company’s business goals and the proper utilization of talents and resources
- Recommends the equitable allocation of financial resources. Monitors and evaluates the use of such resources to ensure compliance with policies on its judicious use.
- Organizes, coordinates all work teams in Finance and Accounting in order to operate smoothly and seamlessly as one organization.
- Presides and integrates meetings with the work teams of Finance and Accounting to encourage all to share inputs, suggestions and for concerns to be addressed promptly
- Reviews and evaluates purchases for materials, supplies and equipment within his/her limits of authority and that all are within approved budget
- Oversees all audit and internal control operations to ensure all comply with policies and procedures
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on the company’s financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis so the President and the Board can make guided decisions
- Analyzes various financial reports and recommends to the CEO any action that maybe required to respond to a concern, issue or to improve the current situation
- Conduct analysis of the performance of financial instruments. Makes forecasts and reports to senior management and executives.
- Evaluates and approves financial instruments critical to the company’s operation
- Checks for accuracy payroll for senior management and executive personnel
- Monitors and supervises the receipt and deposits of all monies received.
- Implements modifications in the work process and IT system within his/her limits of authority. Recommends to the CEO improvements in the computerized systems that are outside his/her limits of authority.
- Executes directives related to Finance and Accounting issued by the Board and the CEO.
- Ensures strict compliance with government laws and guidelines in relation to the financial activities
of the company