- Candidate must possess at least College Degree. Engineering (ECE) or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years working experience is required for this position
- With TESDA Certificate is an Advantage
- An understanding of fiber optics is a very useful skill to have in this field
- Data cabling engineers should be skilled in designing the complex cable plans for telecommunication systems, including the lay out structures for equipment installations as well as expansions for existing data systems
- They solve technical engineering problems relating to cable systems
- Integrating computer and internet networks with communications equipment
- Most of the work in data cabling is with computer, IT and communications firms.