The Accounts Payable Specialist (APS) provides both administrative and financial support by processing accounts payable transactions and monitoring payroll functions in order to make sure that the office operates smoothly, accurately, and effectively. He/she pays third parties like vendors/suppliers by scheduling and preparing checks in a timely manner, insuring credit is received for outstanding bills, and issuing stop-payments to prevent unintentional overpayment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related discipline
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles, applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts, data analysis and accounting software
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate records and follow standard filing procedures
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Detail oriented who adheres to deadlines and is reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees and vendors
- Maintains and monitors the listing of accounts payable and receivable. Collects and verify invoices, bills, and checks by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to payment
- Develops and maintains a filing system for financial information, files, and records. Ensures the ready availability of financial documentation.
- Tracks expenses, processes expense reports, and prepares analyses of accounts.
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms. Issues checks for accounts payable based on approved request for payment.
- Communicates with vendors, maintains updated vendor profiles, Reconcile vendor statements, and processes vendor checks
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices